Friday, March 7, 2008

roller skating.... aka "roller falling"

Oh my, yesterday was too funny! Addie Lane's little K-4 class had a "skating" party. I put in quotes b/c there was not too much skating going on... much more falling on bums than skating! There was a gym full of 4 year olds falling all over the place... while the parents continued to give each other looks as if to say... "who's bright idea was this?" :-)
Addie Lane was determined though, I was quite proud of her. she did not give up and was determined to at least stay up by herself. She ended up switching to roller blades (which I thought was going to put us in the ER) but she actually did much better with those. She ended up "skating" some by the end of the party! I don't think I could even stand up on a pair of roller blades much less skate. I haven't checked her for bruises yet but I am sure I will find quite a few! I will put a few pics here and a few others from the last few weeks! (still no updates on insurance stuff but thanks for continuing to pray!) It does look like Brad's company will be changing the policy in April though to help us more so we are very grateful for that!
notice the hand... thats her teacher! :-) she couldn't even stand when she first put them on!

these are some of her best little friends! They were all too scared to stand up! And ironically the one who was the most "appropriately prepared" for falls was the best one out there. :-)


This is Addie Lane and one of her best little friends! They also live down the street from us in our new neighborhood. I am so thankful that the Lord has answered a prayer for having sweet godly friends to live life with close by!

notice... no hands! This was by the end... very cautious though I might add but she was determiend and I was proud! :-) I don't want her take after her mama and give up when things seem "too hard"!

No comments: