Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Some Fixator pics

A few of you have asked about seeing pictures. I finally got the cord so I could post some!
so here they are! thanks for loving our family well!
we are very grateful!


Sunday after church we went to the aquarium here. She had a wonderful time and loved seeing all the fish. she wanted her picture taken with the sting rays for some reason. They had an incredible dolphin show that we got to see and she loved that. We wanted to get to do something really fun with her before surgery!
This was the night before surgery. Brad was reading her a book about going to the hospital. It ended up being great b/c she remembered the parts of it when it was time for the doctor to check her blood pressure and put the mask on her for anesthesia.

This is Lillie waiting for surgery! She was making everyone laugh!


This sweet Lillie after surgery in recovery. This is right after the whole screaming ordeal when the epidural didn't work. They had to put her back to sleep to put in a new one. She was exhausted and took forever to wake up. She is such a trooper!

Here is a picture so you can see the fixator up close!

This was after we got to a room and the new epidural was working. She got a Popsicle and she was so excited!


This was Lillie talking to Addie Lane on the phone last night telling her all about her new "fixerater"

-------------------------
and this next pic needs some explanation. (and update from today)
Lillie slept pretty good last night (much better than last time). They had to keep coming in to check things but otherwise she slept good. When she woke up this morning she was complaining about her leg hurting and I was encouraging her to be tough. Then she starting complaining more and more so I told the nurse and she said she could only give her a little something for pain since she has the epidural. She did that and Lillie still was complaining some, I just kept encouraging her to be tough. I kept noticing how much she was moving all around and I told the nurse and the P.A. and they both said... "oh they can move around sometimes with the epidural". Well then a little later Lillie wanted to roll over on her side (totally the Lord) and when she did the nurse said "oh my, she has pulled her epidural out somehow". so this whole time she has been complaining of hurting, she really was hurting! and I just kept saying "be tough" (boy did I feel bad!). she was probably thinking "mom, if you only knew how tough I am being". I am amazed at her. I cannot imagine how bad she was hurting and she was being so strong! So they went ahead and took it all out and immediately started some pain medicine by IV. (that is what the pic below is, she was so exhausted she was out for a good hour and a half). They have now started her on her oral pain medicine (the same one she took last surgery, so hopefully that should really help). she seems to be feeling much better now and she is sitting here enjoying another Popsicle and watching curious George! They will take her cath out soon too, so she will be really happy about that, she does not like that at all. But I am not sure how in the world I am going to get a 3 year old to use a bed pan! :-)

7 comments:

Dani said...

Sweet girl! Bless her heart! I am praying all the pain meds go well this time. Much love to both of you.

Kelly said...

I am so glad that the surgery went well...she IS such a trooper!

Nellie said...

Y"all are all troopers! Sending big hugs. And prayer.

Anonymous said...

Lillie is so precious. I wish that I could give you and her a big hug. Y'all are constantly in my prayers.

Kristina said...

Such troopers - all of you!! I'm praying for you all!

Susan said...

Keep on trucking, Lillie! You can do this! So can you Chrystal!

Jennifer Rucker said...

ohhh, my heart hurts for her! I am glad she is in God's mighty arms and that He is carrying you all through this. Still praying, Jennifer and family