Monday, March 31, 2008

She's walking!

Lillie had her first PT today and she walked with both fee on the ground using her walker!
She did not even act like it hurt that bad, maybe just a little sore.
she could not take too many steps at once b/c it was sore but she did it. They said they are not usually walking this soon that well, so I was so proud of her.
when we got back she wanted to go to the playroom and she immediately said "I want out of my wheelchair and I want to walk". So she got down and used her walker and walked over to the table where a toy was. (with mom's hands cautiously right behind her of course!).
(And Jennifer Baker tell Jack, he would be proud! The toy that got her up and walking was a "Rescue Hero". Maybe they should play Rescue Heroes when we get back). Who would have known she was such a fan! :-)
I took a picture of her standing at the table b/c I wanted to remember here determination!
all she wanted to do was "play" and she wasn't going to let a fixator stop her!
PT went well and then afterwards they will do pin care for me. I literally hugged the lady and told her she was my new best friend. So every day (except weekends) they will do pin care and re-bandage it for me. So I will only have to do it on the weekend. That alone is worth staying here! I was so EXCITED to hear that!
Lillie did not like that at all and it was very painful for her but I was so thankful I did not have to did it b/c I had no idea what I was doing!
we met another family tonight that just got here from Florida and their little girl will be having her lengthening done tomorrow and she is 4 and they will be here for 4 months. So we were thankful to have met another family.
I just found out too that we have a toll free number to our room.
you can still call my cell but if you ever want to call the room and it be free its
1800-444-8233 and when you are connected it will ask for my extension and its 21091
also, we got som mail today which we LOVED! Lillie and I were both so excited to get mail.
Two people forgot to put my name on it so the lady at the front desk had to open it to see who it was for (thankfully no secrets!) :-) so make sure if you send a letter you put my name and room 112 on there (and Hackerman Patz of course too!)
thanks so much for all your prayers and encouragment!
when I feel discouraged I remember you back home that are praying and its so encouraging!
the letters in my box have been WONDERFUL too and so encouraging, so thank you all who contributed to that too!
the reminders of scripture promises have been so encouraging!
love you and miss you!


No comments: