Saturday, March 29, 2008

We are "home"

well, at least it's "home" for the next few months. We got to get out of the hospital yesterday! Whooo! Hooo! We were all so happy to get out of there, especially Lillie. Although when it was time to be discharged she was in the playroom and she did not want to leave from there. The nurses really were so sweet (especially the one we had the last two days, Lillie kept calling her "my friend"). We got to leave yesterday around lunch time and came back here to the house and got settled some. Lillie was happy to be back here where all of her things were. After we had been back a while, Lillie said "I want to walk Daddy". Brad and I were both shocked but of course said "OK!". So she used her walker and hopped (she is still not weight baring on the fixator) back and forth across the room. She is so determined and we are so proud of her!
I am amazed at her strength!
(and yesterday's little procedure went really well too, they had to put her totally under but she was asleep for maybe only 5 minutes and they injected her about 10 times with botox. Other than being a little sore it went great!)
She slept all night last night (except when I had to wake her to give her pain meds). We were all thankful for a good night's rest!
She is doing good today too! She has to wear this little bar that screws into her fixator that forces her leg straight and she hates that. It makes her leg very sore. she has to wear that for 2 hours on and two hours off (and then all night). But other than that bar she doesn't seem to be in much pain! We have already gone next door for a little play date, it was encouraging to me to see her get to play and be "Lillie" again! :-)

I did my first pin care today, I was really nervous about that but it went pretty good. It was sore for Lillie but she hardly cried. Thankfully Brad was still here to help with that. Since he had been sick he had missed the pin care at the hospital so he had not seen her fixator pins going in to her. So he was amazed and immediately grabbed the camera and started taking pics. So if you have a weak stomach, don't look but if you are interested to see then scroll down. Every time I look at them it just hurts me, I can't believe she is not screaming all the time!

Brad flew out today at 1:00 (we were sad to say goodbye for 2 weeks). The dad of the sweet family we have met from California drove him to the airport so that was a huge help to me!
I talked to Addie Lane today and she is so excited her Daddy is coming home!
I miss that sweet girl so much!
thanks so much for all your prayers for our family!
we love you and miss you!


This was of us leaving the hospital yesterday!
This is how Lillie goes potty in her fixator! (she is going to be upset with me when she is
older for posting this but I thought it was fun to see how she can still do so much even
though she has it on)

This is the top of Lillie's leg (these pins are into her tibia to hold everything straight & in line)

This is the side of her leg. These pins are in her femur. This is where the leg is broken and where the place is that I turn the screw 4 times a day to make it lengthen. (I start that tomorrow morning). You can see the arrows and marks they have made on it to show me which way to turn the screw). They try and make it as easy as they can for you but I am still nervous!

2 comments:

Dani said...

Wow! Y'all are doing so great! I am so proud of you all. We pray for all 4 of you often. Thanks for keeping us all updated.

Marie said...

I can not believe how well she is doing-that is wonderful!!! I hope everything continues to go well for you.