Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Surgery

Its 8:15 A.M. and Lillie is back in surgery. We had to be here at 6 this morning and they took her back to the OR about 7:30 (I couldn't believe it was on time). She was so sweet this morning and when it was time to go back to the pre-op room as soon as she saw the bed she said... "I'm gonna lay in that bed like Mrs. Becky" (that is our good friend in Augusta who just had a baby and we just went to visit her in the hospital). :-) Then the male nurse walked up and she said very loudly... "hey that man doesn't have any hair!" So she had us all laughing firs thing!
Then later they gave her something to drink to make her a little relaxed.... boy did she get loopy, she was "drunk Lillie" for sure. she was laughing hysterically & playing peek-a-boo all by herself with the blanket. It was quite funny to watch.
Brad is feeling super bad this morning, you can pray for that. He actually just went back to the room to rest some. I need him to be well to help with Lillie, so you can pray for quick healing for him. I sure pray this is no a relapse with pneumonia!
thanks for praying!
I have great peace in our savior as I sit here knowing that He is back there with her!
love to you!
Not sure how long this surgery is, I am assuming really long.
I will get you an update as soon as I can.
as Brad was taking her back, she looked at me and said "mommy I'm gonna go get my fixerater"
I told Brad I bet the next time we see her she is gonna be saying... "get this fixerater off me!"
She is such a strong little girl!
I know her determination is going to help her so much with this!
She is not too patient though (and neither is her mommy) she wanted to know if she was gonna get to wear her crocs right after surgery. Wouldn't it be nice if the process happened that fast!
Unfortunately all forms of growth take lots of time and lots of pain and hard work!
I know we are all gonnna grow in so many ways, not just in Lillie's leg length!
thank you Jesus!

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

Praying for all of you!

Dani said...

Sweet girl!

Kristina said...

I have been praying for you all day! It's funny at the time of your posting, because I was in the car looking at the clock at 8:14 and praying for you:)