Lillie had a fun day today. We found a great church to visit this morning and great worship this Easter morning and it was so sweet! Then we took her to the aquarium here and she loved that. We wanted have a fun day with her and her run and play as much as she can since after tomorrow she won't be able to do that for a while! She is such a sweet girl! She keeps asking if its time to get "my screw yet?"
It has been good to be here today b/c it has given me time to ask some questions of other moms. I talked to 2 moms whose children both have Lillie's condition (and they both leave in 2 weeks and then that will leave no one else here with Lillie's same condition, so I want to ask all the questions I have while they are here) and both mom's said that their children did not reach "even" with their discrepancy but that they did get great results. These moms were excited about the results their child had gotten b/c their shoe lifts were considerably smaller but the whole time all I kept thinking to myself was... "oh my goodness we may not reach "even" and I have been telling Lillie this whole time she would get to wear crocs when she was done". I know this seems so silly but I am letting you hear my heart so you will know how to pray. (thanks for doing that). I am thankful to have had these conversations b/c it let me know that I need to have realistic expectations. We may go through all of this and Lillie may still have a shoe lift when we leave here! That is hard to hear but thankfully we at least know that she will make progress and that even if we leave here with a shoe lift, it will be a lot smaller than it is now. Just as a mom, I hate that so much for her b/c I was hoping she would have some time with no lift. In the grand scheme of things and eternally speaking, a lift does not matter. I know the Father knows and He cares for her and her little leg and He knows what is best. So you can pray that I will trust Him fully with these results and trust whatever His outcome is!
It could be so much worse and she is such a healthy, happy little girl and I am so grateful!
I just wish I could take it all for her!
We have our pre-op in the morning and I am sure we will be there all day (and see the doctor all of 5 minutes). Both of the moms I talked to today said they were in the hospital from Tuesday until Saturday. Brad is supposed to fly out Saturday, so that is another "little" thing you can pray for, that we will have time to get out of the hospital and get settled here before I have to get Brad to the airport. I know these are little things but I know many of you said you wanted to know the little and the big so you could pray specifically (and I am so grateful for you!) so there you have it!
Sunday, March 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I love to pray specifics so thank you for sharing your heart. I can only imagine how heavy your heart is for your precious little one. The Lord will continue to bathe you in grace, comfort & healing and continue to provide for you guys and Lillie just as He has already. He is faithful. Praying hard, Shanan
Thanks for the details. It is the little things we pray for and see answered that shos us how much God really does love us. I hope today goes well.
Hi! Just thinking of you. I can imagine how you are feeling today!
I had to laugh because we also promised Sophia a pair of Crocs after the surgery. I also just assumed that she would not need a lift on her shoe anymore and that is what we have been telling her. In this process, it feels like you learn something new each day.
I will say a prayer for all of you tonight and tomorrow. I know it will be a long and emotional day for you!
Alicia
thank you guys so much!
we are very grateful!
Post a Comment