Tuesday, March 25, 2008

We are all done!

Praise the Lord we are all done! Its a little before 6:00 PM and we are finally in a room! The doctor said everything went wonderfully and they were very pleased with everything. When Lillie was waking up in recovery the epidural did not take and so she was screaming hysterically. People were running from all over to try and help calm her down it was so bad. I felt so bad for her b/c she had nothing for pain at all b/c at this point all they do is the epidural. They could not do anything until the anesthesiologist came. (I was trying to sing and talk to her but nothing worked but then when I started to pray out loud in her ear she stopped and did not make a peep, it was really sweet to see the Lord calm her little spirit!) thankfully anesthesia got there fairly quick and he put her back to sleep and then gave her a new epidural. thankfully that time it worked. He said that just happens sometimes with these little ones and all the moving they do. So now we are in a room and she is resting, well she is trying to rest. She is complaining a little about her leg and and the fixator but she is complaining more about her tummy hurting. I guess that is a good sign though that the epidural is working. The epidural will be in for a few days and then when they take her off that they will begin the pain meds. They said that tomorrow PT will come by and try and get her up a little in a wagon or something but we will not do official PT until next week. we had a little class today on pin care and turning the screws. that made me really nervous. I will not start turning the screw until Sunday (after brad leaves) but the pin care will begin in the next day or so. they gave us lessons on pin site infections (and said those are very common) so common that they send us with a Rx for antibiotics and we make the decision when we think she needs them for infection, yikes! thankfully there are other moms around the house I can ask if I need to.
she is being so brave and I am so proud of her! she keeps looking at her fixator, I'm not sure she knows what to think of it.
you can pray for brad too. He is actually back at the house resting. He had to call his doc from Augusta and have him call in something. His doc is afraid he either has the flu, bronchitis, strep or all 3. so he has started that but they said he needs to stay away from Lillie for a few days.
Can you believe the timing of that!
I think the Lord must really want to be teaching me a lot about dependence on him.
So I am flying solo right now.
Brad feels bad about not being here, I know he cannot help it.
you can pray for quick recovery for him too so he can help out some before he leaves!
hopefully I will stay well now, or we will be in big trouble!
thanks so much for all your prayers!
we are so grateful that the Lord kept Lillie safe throughout the surgery!
I will post pics as soon as I can! (I forgot to bring my cord over from the house)

5 comments:

Marie said...

I am so glad that the surgery went ok. I thought of all of you often today, the waiting is always hard. I hope all of you can get some rest tonight! Alicia

Gaby said...

Chrystal,
I just typed a comment in but it didn't seem to work so I just wanted to tell you that the kids and I prayed for you, Lillie, Brad and Addie Lane today. I'm going to go and tell them to praise God now that the surgery is over and went well. We will continue to be praying for all of you. Gaby and the Brucker clan(I showed Clara Lillie's picture on your blog and she had a big smile on her face remembering her from sunday school)

Nellie said...

GLad to hear things went well. I am praying!

Shanan & Shannon said...

oh yea - so glad the surgery is over. You are one tough Momma~I can't get little Lillie out of my mind and maybe that's a good thing. The Lord is in control...not the Doctors, Mommy or Daddy and HE WILL CONTINUE to meet your every needs...even the small ones. We'll continue to pray. Shanan

Amy said...

Chrystal---You are so brave and I am so proud of you.
To God be the glory for the great things he has done today!