wow! even though in some ways its exciting to be here to see the progress these kids are making, its also so difficult! I have met this family from Russia here (they are right across the hall from me) and their 2 year old just "finished" the process of the hip and knee surgery Lillie had last year (they have been here 2 months) and the dad just called me crying b/c they just found out today that it didn't work on her hip and the doctor wants them to do it all over again. Their daughter has been in such pain and they were so thankful to be at the end and had their plane tickets all ready to go next week back to Russia and then today this big blow. They are so discouraged and I just hurt for them so as they think about putting their daughter back through this again. they are so frustrated they may just still leave for Russia next week.
These doctors are wonderful and I am so grateful for their expertise but I think sometimes they forget about the parents on the other side of it.
anyway, I just share that for perspective of the excitement but yet discouragement of this place!
I pray the Lord can use me to be light with his love here in this place!
Monday, March 31, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
How hard that must be! I will be praying for their family as well. I know God is using you to love others while you are there. I am thrilled with how hard Lilly is working.
Chrystal, maybe they are meant to stay so that you can show God to them. No matter how hard we have it, someone always has it harder. I am AMAZED that Lillie is already up and walking some....with a broken leg and pins! Tell her we are so glad and are still praying for you all! I'll send some pics soon of Addie Lane, uploading them now. Love,Jennifer
Post a Comment