Thursday, March 27, 2008

PT time

Well I thought I would post an update from today!
Lillie had a great night last night thankfully, she slept really well (considering everything).
They took the cath out yesterday too and she did great with that. She actually did really well with the bed pan too, I was shocked! :-) she is a little trooper. They took her to the play room in her little wheelchair and she liked that too. I wasn't sure if she would be ok in a wheelchair but she was fine with it. there is a pic below of her in the wheelchair for the first time!
then brings us too today...
Thank you for praying for rest, she woke up really happy this morning. At 6:30 this morning she was singing at the top of her lungs "Jesus Loves Me". It was really sweet. (although I am not sure our roommates thought so!). Later the nurse came in and said she was doing so well that she would get to go home today. (she sped up the process a little by pulling out her epidural). We put her in wheelchair and took her down to the playroom. She really liked that!



this was the pic from yesterday of her first time in the wheelchair!
--------------------------------
then this next pic needs some explanation! After the nurse told us we were going home she came in and got Lillie all cleaned up and taught me how to clean the pin sites (still makes me nervous but I am sure it will get easier). I just felt bad for Lillie b/c it was so sore. Then PT came by and started some exercises and taught us the ones we will need to do at home. Lillie was very uncomfortable with those but she did great! I was proud of how hard she was trying. Then they got Lillie a little walker and actually put her down and wanted her to "hop" to her wheelchair. The picture below is of her doing that (no weight yet on her "boo boo leg"). It is a pitiful picture b/c she was hurting but I wanted you to see it so you could see how hard she was trying. we were so proud, she didn't give up. She hopped to her wheelchair!
She would hop to my hand and then we would move it back a little bit each time.
Brave girl!

Once she made it to the wheelchair she was pooped!


Then she got to go down the playroom! you can see that she quickly got over the pain!
Kids really are so resilient with stuff like this!
---------------------------------------------------------
Then as we were in there playing and excited about going home..... the PA walked in and said.... "I just spoke with the doctor and he needs you to say b/c he wants to do a little procedure in the morning and inject some botox". I looked at him like he was speaking a foreign language b/c I was shocked. I immediately asked why that had not been done in surgery when she was already asleep. He of course said I would have to ask the Doctor. the family in the playroom with us said that they got the botox during surgery. so Brad and I both feel like they forgot to do it in surgery but will just now admit it. But she needs it b/c it helps to keep her from getting a contracture (like she got with her last surgery). I just hated it so much for her b/c she would have to be put back to sleep again. So tomorrow morning at 7:30 she will be put to sleep and given botxo injections in her thigh. So you can pray for that, that all will go well and safe. If she is doing well after a few hours they said we should be able to go home. but we will see I guess! I hope we can b/c Brad is supposed to fly out on Saturday. Thanks for praying for all that!
I really am so grateful for how well she is doing and how happy she has been! they felt bad that they had told her she was going home and then said no, so they gave us a pass to take her downstairs and outside and she really liked that. She was waving at everyone!
we love you guys and are grateful for you!

3 comments:

Susan said...

Dear Chrystal,
We are so glad to hear how well Lillie is doing! We are praising God with you! He has made her strong for all of this. We are sorry to hear about the 2nd procedure, but know that He is in control of all of this. We are keeping you all in our prayers. May God comfort your hearts and give you rest as only He can.
Love and prayers,
Susan

CPantsari said...

Oh Sweet Lillie! We have not had the great joy of meeting you, but have loved getting to know you through your mom's emails. We are so proud of you! You are doing a great job of being brave. We are praying for you! With love, The Pantsari Family

Jennifer Baker said...

hey sweet friends-
i've not been able to get online all week, though we've been praying for you, esp. when we drive by your house! your posts have been great and the pictures are hard to see but are great too, to really help focus my prayers for lillie. i'm all caught up from reading your blogs from your arrival on saturday through this last one...and hope to be reading along daily now.
Please know we are all praying for you and lillie especially (even little clara:)). I'm so thankful for the ways in which you have seen the Lord working this week through the doctors words of encouragement to Amy Carmichael's incredible letter! PTL. You are certainly getting to live in his grace & mercy. What a blessing!
We love you all and will continue to pray for you. With lots of love from the Bakers-jennifer