I just had to share this b/c I found it so encouraging!
After making the post this morning of Lillie singing "Jesus loves me THIS I KNOW".... I got a few emails about it. Two different friends emailed me and shared this same encouraging truth and I just thought it was such a sweet reminder!
I was sittng in the waiting room at PT today and decided to check my email on my ipod (which I rarely do) and as I was reading this email I began to hear Lillie screaming. This is what I was reading....
"my heart hurts for Lillie when I look at those
pics with all that stuff in her leg.
I think I would cry every time I looked at her
if she were my little girl (I feel like crying and she
isn't mine!). She looked so sweet sitting there
singing Jesus Loves Me. It's easy to understand why
Jesus says we have to come to him as little children.
Their sweet innocent love for him is so pure. There's
no blame, no ulterior motive, no scheme, no what's in
it for me. It's just an honest trust and love. "
Tears came to my eyes as I read these sweet words of truth and said out loud "you are so right". I had not even thought about what a sweet picture it is of Child like faith. I was hearing her back there screaming in pain doing her knee bends but she not once questions Jesus' love for her. She tonight was singing it so sweetly again. She knows He loves her even though she is going through something very difficult right now. She would not even think to question it!
How quick I am to question His love during trails!
Thank you Jesus that you pursue us even when our faith is weak!
I have something to learn from sweet Lillie! :-)
thank you Jesus that you give her joy even during trails!
and thank you sweet friends for reminding me of truth!
I love you!
Monday, April 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hey Chrystal,
This is Beth, Dani's sister. I have been keeping up with everything going on with Lillie. Just reading how you and she are doing is such a reminder to me about Jesus' love for me and his children! I just wanted to let you know that the things in your life are also affecting other's. Thanks for sharing the trials as well as the good days. It's so encouraging to hear about. Even while I am at work it brings joy to my heart! I had knee surgury a few years ago (not nearly as serious as Lillie's) but non the less it was difficult to get over. I cried a lot...but that helped the pain. Tears are healing:) Tell Lillie that even big girls can cry too! We are praying for y'all!!
-Beth Peele
Post a Comment