not much update today but did want to post something.
Thank you so much for praying!
On Friday when Lillie went to PT it was about the same and she was still screaming pretty hard.
The head PT guy (he is an expert at this stuff and is wonderful) came in and was checking on Lillie (b/c he knew it was not normal for her to behave that way).
He thankfully sat down and examined her knee and her quads and he said he did not think they were any tighter than normal. He said he just thought that Lillie's knee was experiencing the "effects" of lengthening. He said that at 3 cm it sometimes a VERY difficult stage with pain.
He said that trying to get 3cm out of a 3 year old is very difficult b/c their femurs are so strong and you are stretching so much muscle and tissue so fast. (I was told we are stretching it all 16 times faster than we would normal grow!). That's a lot, so it helped put things in perspective for what she must be experiencing.
I emailed our doctor when we got home from PT and him what the therapist thought and said for us to go ahead and do 3 turns over the weekend too (as opposed to the 2 turns he told us to do at first) and to just wait and see how she does. So I was thankful to only have to go down to 3 turns (b/c that is more normal for this stage). She has done some better for me with knee bends but I also have not been pushing her as hard. Overall I feel more encouraged than I did on Friday.
You can pray that when she goes to PT tomorrow (Monday) that her bend will be great and the pain will be more bearable for her.
I am praying we can get back up to 4 turns again.
but I also know to keep perspective and just be so thankful she didn't have a fracture!
Lillie was absolutely precious today.
she stood up and said "look mama, both feet are on the floor".
I just love that excitement in her.
It makes it all worth it! :-)
Sunday, April 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment