Friday, April 25, 2008

What a day!

well I have a funny story (it sure wasn't at the time but it is now!).
I just made a complete fool out of myself.
You know how when something happens and you just want to tell someone... well this is my way right now b/c its too late to call someone! :-)
I just went down the hall real quick to put a magazine back on the table and I came back and my door was shut! Both girls were inside sleeping and I had NO key. I left the door cracked (you have to slam the doors around here to get them to close so I knew it was fine) but when I came back it was shut completely! I was banging on the door and beginning into "panic mode" and my sweet neighbor (Luka's mom) came out to see what was wrong. Thankfully she called security for me and tried to keep talking to me so I won't FREAK OUT! :-) If it weren't for her trying to make me laugh I think I would have just sat on the floor and cried!
So she called security and the guy comes over and he has the key to HER room b/c that is what came up on their computer! I think the Lord is trying to teach me something here about waiting! So I had to wait on what seemed like an eternity to get to come back with our key and then he came back with it and can you believe it but that one WOULD NOT work!
ahhhh!
I think resorted to a little bit of "freak out mode" and I got on the floor and started yelling under the crack of the door for Addie Lane to come to the door.
Thankfully there was no candid camera around! (well lets hope there wasn't it) b/c I'm sure it was a pretty funny site.
I think I woke everyone elses children on the hall up but my own!
Then he finally came back with a "emergency key" and got me in. (I think I caught him off guard when I hugged him for helping me!) :-)
They were both sound asleep and clueless of what had just happened!
where is that kind of hard sleep at home. At home they wake up at the littlest noise.
Their crazy mama was on the floor yelling under the crack and did they wake up... noooooo!
go figure!
Thank you Lord that my sweet girls are ok!
and from now on I will not even make a quick trip down the hall without my key!
and yes... its ok... go ahead and laugh at me. I deserve it!
ok, thats enough drama for one day... I'm going to bed!

No comments: