We are doing well thankfully! Lillie LOVES going to pool therapy. I cannot believe how much she loves it, she asks all day long if its time to go! They really can get her leg to bend a lot easier in the water than out. She loves her therapist too and has really connected with her. She walked pretty far for her today using her walker, it was the farthest she had walked yet.
Our only little dilemma is that her PT is from 1-3:30 every day and that is her nap time. So she is super tired during therapy and super fussy afterwards and when we get back at 4:00 it is too late to put her down. She did some better today so I am hoping she will get used to it over time. She was in bed at 7:00 tonight! I just don't want her tiredness to get in the way of having the best therapy time!
some fun news is that our shoe lifts was sent off today to have 2 cm taken off. Not b/c we have gained that already but b/c she said our shoe lift was too high when we got here. she said it was 1 cm too high (wooo hoo!) and then b/c they charge $40 every time they take some off she said we could go ahead and take 2 cm off to save some money. she said that we should need that off in approx 10 days anyway. right now while we are turning so often, Lillie should be gaining 1 mm every day and there are 10 mm in a cm (I think!) so that means after 10 days she should have gained 1 cm in length. Isn't that amazing. Our doctor's goal is to gain 6 cm.
She will not turn that often the whole time, soon they will slow it down b/c of bone growth but I just share that b/c I thought that was fun news! :-)
I think it will be easier for Lillie to walk having 2 cm off the lift too!
we miss you guys and are grateful for your friendship!
thanks for praying for sweet Lillie!
Thursday, April 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hi Chrystal! It is great to "find" you here--your girls are so adorable. I've been reading and catching up on the latest--we will keep you and your family in our prayers! Love you, Amber
Post a Comment