Sunday, April 20, 2008

"Fixator Friends"

Sorry that I have not posted in a few days! Brad was here again this past weekend and we were busy enjoying having him around! Its so nice to be a "family" again when we are all together! It was really hard on Addie Lane this time when her Daddy had to leave today! She does not like us being split up at all! (and mommy doesn't either!)
but we are so grateful to be here! I can't imagine Lillie being anywhere else! This place truly is the best place for her! I am so grateful to be in this house too! Having the other families here is wonderful!
Here is a picture of Lillie (& Addie Lane) and 2 of her "fixator friends" as she calls them!
Lillie loves getting to see the other children having fixators just like her! They really get attached to each other quickly! In the pic below is Matthew from VA (he had his surgery exactly a week after Lillie and he is also 3). Then on the end is Riley (from CA). She had her surgery is Jan (so her mom has been a big help to me) and she is also 3, they will be leaving on Thursday b/c they are all done with lengthening. Matthew also left this past weekend to head back to VA, he will be doing his therapy at home since he lives so close! Lillie will miss them both! These kids truly are amazing! There is also a little girl here, Neely from FL (she is 4) and had her fixator put on a week after Lillie and then there is Luka too. Luka and Neely will both be here with Lillie the whole time, so it is nice to have people going along with us! (a prayer answered that I specifically asked the Lord for!) They are all walking on their own now and doing wonderfully! It really is amazing to see how they adapt so quickly! Kids will do whatever they have to do to be able to play! Just put some toys around and they WILL get up & walk! :-)


Here is a picture of Matthew and Lillie at therapy! She had to hold her dress up b/c she wanted to show her fixator just like Matthew! She doesn't like to hide it, she is proud of her fixator! :-)
Matthew is adorable and is such a sweet little boy! They were always sneaking in "a hand hold". Daddy did not like that too much at all! :-)

This is not a great picture but I just had to put it in. We went to the aquarium this past Friday with Brad. We met Matthew's family there too and the kids had a wonderful time seeing all the fish and "creatures". Lillie was amazed at this turtle! She would not stop staring at it and I just thought it was too cute watching her be so amazed at it! (it was plastered up against the glass between a rock and she was so concerned he was "stuck"). It was fun to just watch her be "normal Lillie" and just have fun and for all to do something together as a family. She wanted to walk the whole time we were there, we had to physically make her sit in the stroller and rest some!
Overall Lillie is doing wonderful. We are reaching the point where knee bends are really getting harder now. As her leg lengthens and the muscles stretch, it just gets so hard to get her knee to bend. Her hamstring is so tough, it takes all the strength I have to fight against it. I can't even imagine how painful it is. I can only guess its like a horrible "growing pain" in her muscles. Sometimes she will just lay on the bed and say "rub it mommy, rub it". Its pitiful. But soon after a good rub and a heat pack she up and going again! She is complaining quite a bit about knee pain but I am pretty sure its all normal. We go to the doctor again in the morning for another check up and x-ray. You can pray that the x-ray shows that all is well with her knee and that there are no complications. You can pray too that the x-ray will show more significant growth. I am praying we are at 2cm now but we will have to wait and see what the x-ray shows. You can pray that this new bone will heal well too and be good and strong and healthy! You can also pray for Lillie that God will continue to help her be strong and so these knee bends even though they are getting more painful! She really is doing wonderful though and overall is very happy! I am very grateful! We love you and appreciate your prayers so much! We miss you!
-----------------
I keep meaning to tell you too. Thanks so much for praying for the family from Russia. Their little girl Alice got a wonderful report (after 2 weeks of intense therapy twice a day). Her hip has totally healed and she will not need further surgery. I was telling her mom about the messages I got that people were praying for them.... she got a big smile on her face and said "maybe it was the prayers to your God that healed her!" I just had a big smile on my face and said, YES!!
so thank you for praying them! May God do a great work!

No comments: