Monday, May 26, 2008

D.C. for the day!

This past Saturday we went to D.C. for the day!  Addie Lane has been obsessed with wanting to see where the president lives.  Some friends from home (Lee & Susie Baker) were there for a dentistry conference so we decided to go over for the day and meet them.  I was so thankful for their help (as I could have never gotten around in that city with the 2 girls by myself, especially on memorial day weekend).  Thank you Lee & Susie for treating us to a WONDERFUL day in the city!  We are so grateful and had a wonderful time!

The girls were so excited to take their first train ride.  We took a train from Baltimore to D.C. and it was great, we were there in 45 mins!

We went to the national air and space museum once we got there and the girls had a wonderful time.  They loved getting to see inside the different airplanes.  The museums there are truly incredible. I was a little afraid it would be "over the heads" but they really liked it and had a great time!


The Bakers also took us on a double decker bus tour (thanks so much!) and we rode up on top and it was amazing how much you could see of the city!  This is Addie Lane with a great view of the Washington Monument behind her!

The girls loved getting to see the white house.  Lillie started crying b/c she wanted to see the president and was very disappointed that she couldn't just walk in and see him!

2 comments:

Nellie said...

Yaaaaay!!! So glad it was a good trip! I was prayin'.

Elaine said...

Oh I'm so glad y'all got to go!! how fun!