The kids decided to wear their T-shirts in honor of the little boy in front on crutches (Andrew). He was done with his lengthening and was headed back to Atlanta (we were excited to have another family from the south!) This was his last day of therapy this past Friday. Moshe (in the middle of the back row) is who does Lillie's pool therapy every day, he is wonderful too! Lillie has gotten super close with this group because they all have therapy together at the same time every day. Three of them are in the pool with Lillie and then they all go to the PT room together and they all hurt together too. When I went on Friday to pick Lillie up, all four of them were in their on their mats crying. So they have formed quite a bond with each other! :-)
They decided to take "a silly picture" too
This is Genevieve (she is Andrew's little sister). She immediately became Addie Lane's best friend here. This was her last day on Friday too. Addie Lane had the best time playing with her and she was sad to say goodbye to her! They would play together during the PT sessions! I am thankful the Lord even gave Addie Lane little playmates here too! How sweet He is to meet our EVERY need!
----------------------------------------------
I hope you have a Happy Mother's Day too!
I was reminded on Friday to be grateful for "the little things" about being a mother. Addie Lane started a little ballet and tap class here (b/c she was so sad she was missing hers back home). Well this past Friday was the first day she went and Lillie and I were sitting outside the room with the other mothers.... I started talking with the grandmother of one of the little girls and within 5 minutes I was crying and cried until the class was over. This grandmother began to tell me about how her little granddaughter was having such a difficult week with it being mother's day because her mommy had just died the year before from breast cancer. This little girl was only 4 and her grandmother said she was having such a hard time b/c at school they were talking about mothers and she wanted to know why her mommy wasn't there anymore. As this grandmother was talking to me about the trials they have had and how this mom wanted so badly to live to see her little girl grow up.. I just sat there and wept with her. I was sitting there holding Lillie in my lap and just couldn't' help but keep thinking to myself "Thank you Father that I have been given the privilege and honor of being a Mommy". I take it for granted so much and I really needed that reminder. Thank you Father!
Pray for this little girl Alyce too if you think of her... she is missing her Mommy this mother's day!
No comments:
Post a Comment