Sunday, August 17, 2008

Some "firsts"

Addie Lane and McNeill have been best buddies since the day they were born (they were born a day apart) and they have been begging since they were 2 to have a sleepover and we had always told them they had to wait until they were five.  Well as soon as they were five they held us to our word.  Here is a pic of them at their first sleepover they have waited so long to have!  They had a great time but were up pretty late giggling!  :-)


This is the x-ray of Lillie's leg we took last Friday.  The new bone looks amazing and has really filled in a lot.  We are waiting to hear 100% confirmation from the doctor but we are supposed to be leaving for Baltimore this Thursday for her to have surgery on Friday the 22nd to have the fixator removed! We are all so ready, I can only imagine how ready Lillie is to have it removed!  They will also be inserting a rod into her femur that will remain there for one year for extra protection.  Please pray for safety during the procedure!

Here is a pic of Addie Lane and I on her first day of Kindergarten.  We started homeschool last week and had a fun week.  I am so grateful I get to teach her but I still cannot believe she is in kindergarten!  It is so fun to get to watch her learn first hand!

This is Lillie on her first day of her K-3 class with her teacher Mrs. Berry!  She goes every Tuesday and Thursday and she loves it!

The girls and their first pet!  This is Buddy our new Golden Retriever!  (or as Addie Lane calls him "the slobster").  We just adopted him Saturday!  Lillie has been begging for one since we were in Baltimore!  She keeps calling him "my dog" and she is connected at the hip to him - love at first sight!  :-)  and for those of you who know me well... yes he is in inside dog and yes I know you are surprised!  I am too!  the dog hair is stressing me out but to see Lillie's face (and Brad's too) over this dog... I couldn't say no!  I must admit though... he is growing on me too!  he is the most precious dog, he is 7 and is very calm and gentle!  (until you get a tennis ball out).  
We also had another first last week.  We got a minivan on Thursday (sorry I don't have a pic of that yet).  I finally took "the plunge".  Since I'm 30, I don't think I could resist anymore!  I really do love it though... the automatic sliding doors are worth their weight in gold!  We were so grateful for the Lord's provisions.  We really could not afford to get something else but our yukon was getting super old and we found a great deal on this Toyota Sienna and not only is 5 years newer than our yukon but our monthly payments are lower each month and I can't even imagine how much it will save us on gas.  It does have a sun roof which helps me still feel somewhat young driving it!  :-)
I think I'm ready for some calm "routine" days now.  My type-A personality is feeling a little overwhelmed at all the changes!  
We are so very grateful for the Lord's provisions!

3 comments:

Elaine said...

It has been a full weekend! It was so good to see all of you guys in Atlanta this weekend. And I hope one day Diamond and Buddy can meet :)

Just His Best said...

So great to catch up with you even if it's only through your blog. When will you get back from Baltimore? I'd love to get together again. Can't wait to see your new van. We have a Sienna as well and love it. :)

Ali said...

First of all, the song that was playing made me cry...Yearn...whew...the pics are lovely and I just want to tell you that there is freedom in a mini-van!!! I look forward to seeing you a bit more often! Love the school picture with her teacher...YOU! What a great idea...and a dog...we've tried, and failed twice with dogs...looks like you guys have a winner...not a puppy! Have a great day!