Friday, August 29, 2008

more fixator removal pictures

Here are some more pictures from Lillie's fixator being removed!  She is doing well and we are so grateful!  She is so tough and is already walking around without her walker (she has a limp though).  Her bandage is off now and she only has Band-Aids covering her pin sites.  She amazes both Brad and I and we are so thankful the Lord has made her strong!

this was sweet Lillie in recovery!  She was out for about 3 hours straight but would wake up crying off and on and it was a comfort to her to be in Daddy's arms!  too sweet!  She has Daddy wrapped for sure!  :-)

This was Lillie in her private room (first time that has happened) after being in recovery for 6 hours b/c there were no room available!  

Lillie at home 2 days after surgery!

her sweet precious leg!  It hurts me every time I see these pin sites and it makes me sad how her sweet little leg looks but I pray one day she will be thankful we made this choice for her.  I am sure she would rather have scars all over her leg than to have no leg at all.  Right now she thinks the pin sites are "cool" I pray she always thinks that!  :-)  and they will of course heal up more as well!

You can pray too now that her leg will straighten out.  I know it sounds crazy to those of you who have been praying with us!  first it was bending and now its straightening.  Since her fixator has been off her leg is bending amazingly but now it is stuck at a slight bend and will not straighten all the way and we can't push on it to try and force it to.  I think it is ok to be that way for the time being but it would not be good for it to stay that way for long b/c it can become damaged and remain that way permanently.  We are so thankful for this process and so thankful to be at the end of it!  thanks for how you have lifted us up to the father these past 6 months!  It was worth it all to see this sweet long leg!  We love you!

No comments: