ok.... well we had our check up today and were there all morning. It went well. The x-rays showed that she now has 5.6 cm of new growth, so praise the Lord we have now met our first goal.
He was very pleased and said her bone growth looked great. He said that it is up to us as to when we stop turning, but he would like to see us push her a little bit more.
So we have decided to lengthen for another 2 weeks and that should take us to around 6.5 cm which would put her even longer on that "affected leg". (if she seems to be at her limit and her leg continues to be really sore then we may stop once we reach 6 cm). Our other dilemma is the insurance, we don't want to go into big debt over just one more cm. He was so sweet and wants to try and help us so he is going to personally call our insurance (if he can get the medical director there) and explain to them how crucial this and how much it will end up costing them in the future if this is all not done correctly.
So at this point we are not sure exactly when we will be done, it will be anywhere between 2 to 3 more weeks (depending on her leg muscles and our insurance for PT).
We are very grateful for how the Lord has grown Lillie's leg.
She is now half a cm longer on her other leg and he said it should take up to 2 or maybe 3 years before she would need a shoe lift again on her "short leg".
We are rejoicing tonight for sure!
you can pray with us that our doctor will get to speak with the medical director and that we will get approved for more PT visits.
You can also pray that we will make the best decision for Lillie as to when we stop turning (the more length we get now then that means that much longer before she will need a lift again).
You can also pray for one more "little thing".... I just found out we were exposed to the chicken pox on Saturday and guess who has never had them before.... ME! (although I talked to my mom tonight and she said she does think I had a very mild case of them when I was younger). So I had my titers checked today to see if I have antibodies to it (pray that I do). That should come back tomorrow and if I don't have immunity to it then I will need to hurry and get the vaccine. I have heard its horrible to get it as an adult (just thinking about it makes me want to freak out!). Pray too that the girls don't get it, they have been vaccinated but I know they can still get it! I think I really would have to start taking some of Lillie's Valium if that happened!
thank you so much for being so faithful to pray with us and for us over these last couple of months! we are so very grateful!
we love you and look forward to showing off Lillie's long beautiful leg real soon!
"See how God makes the Lillies GROW" (Matthew 6:28)
No comments:
Post a Comment