Well, we stopped turning tonight! I don't know whether to be excited or cry! Its all such a mixture of emotion! The doctor said we could stop whenever we decided was best and Brad and I decided to stop today so that we can get some good days of therapy in before we leave to work on regaining Lillie's knee bends. Once you stop turning, the muscles begin to relax and you begin to regain some of your range of motion in your knee. Lillie's has only gotten down to 60 degrees (some kids get down to 45) so it should not be that difficult to get her back up. Our goal will be to get her back to an 80 degree bend before the fixator comes off. We will also have to watch her hips to make sure she does not develop a contracture as everything heals, we want all the muscles to heal in the "correct way". My predictions show that we should be around 6.2 centimeters today (but we will know for sure at our x-ray at our appt on monday). We are so grateful for what the Lord has done for Lillie. She now has a small 1 cm lift on her "good leg". It is truly amazing to see how long her leg is and to know it has gotten that way in a little over 2 1/2 months is just mind boggling to me! We can't wait for you to see her long leg! She is so excited about it too! Thank you so much for how you have prayed along with us and for us! We are so grateful for you!
Below is a pic of Lillie turning her screw for the last time tonight! She was excited but mommy as a little emotional (as always!) :-)
I forgot to post the pic of her x-ray from her last visit.
Its pretty amazing b/c you can see the difference even from the last pic of her x-ray!
Its so long! :-)
She is going to miss this place so much! (we all will)
2 comments:
Medicine is so amazing! Praise God for these amazing minds! Chrystal, I just have to say that I love reading your posts. I feel so positive after reading them. Your girls are amazing, both of them! You lift me up every time I check in on your site! I hope your return home goes smoothly. We are always thinking of you all.
Love,
Susan
Wow! That is all I can say aftre all that has happen to you all over the past months... WOW!
Post a Comment