Today is my Grandfather's 85th birthday. He is celebrating it with Jesus today! Oh how I miss him so! I have such fond memories of him. I am so grateful for every sweet moment that I will always cherish in my heart! He was an amazing man, father and grandfather! My girls never had the privilege of meeting him but they have heard so many stories about him that they feel like thew knew him. They call him "Papa Johnny". They both like to go to my grandmother's house and sit in "Papa Johnny's chair" that still sits in her living room. It warms my heart to see them sit in it and speak of him. I remember sitting in that chair after he died and trying my best to catch on last scent of my papa! I used to sit there with him every day and after he died that seemed like the way I could be closest to him. Unfortunately that old chair has lost his scent but I do still love to sit in and think of him and the sweet moments shared there! Thankfully the memories will not fade like the scent has!
We miss you dearly Papa!
Happy Birthday!
I love you!
No comments:
Post a Comment