I have kept quiet on my opinions in the palin/McCain partnership (until now).
I know that I will probably upset some dear friends with this post (but I hope you will still love me anyway!) :-)
can I just say.... I LOVE VODDIE BAUCHAM and what he stands for!
I just saw this interview on CNN and thought it was incredible.
Let me say I by no means desire that Obama become president (please father no) but I feel
that so many are wanting so badly to "just not elect obama" that truth is getting overlooked.
I think Palin is an amazing woman and there is a lot I respect about her. My heart just hurts
as I think of those children who will not see their mother at the expense of her leadership in the nation. Yes, what an incredible opportunity she has to influence the nation, but what an even greater opportunity she has in her home to raise up godly children to serve the Lord. She will never get that time back. My heart also hurts as I think of young girls who are watching Palin and are being encouraged to see being a keeper of her home as "not enough" but thinking "I can have it all". How does it get any better than the amazing role of motherhood. I have been shocked at how many sisters in the Lord have said back to me "well people don't say that if the man decides to run for office and leave the children at home with the mother". Of course they (we) don't because God gave the man and woman different roles. One is not better than the other, they are just different. We have let the world influence our thinking on what seems most important!
Voddie says it so much better, so I will let you listen to him. also, if you are interested there is an incredible article by him at the link below the video.
Just wanted to share something for you to pray about and think about. Its so easy to get caught up the "hype and excitement" and forget what God's word really says. I pray that I can teach my girls that motherhood and being a keeper of their homes is an amazing role. I want them to understand that they are more than qualified to do things out of the home but I pray they would never sacrifice that calling to pursue "the american dream".
I loved a quote I read by Belle Phillips (with Vision Forum ministries) who said she was discussing this with her 7 year old daughter and then afterwards said "what you would you say if Mommy told you I really love you but I am not going to be home much anymore because I am going to go help lead the nation" and her daughter replied "I thought you just said you loved me". Wow!
no one can replace mother in a child's life. what an honor we have been given, lets don't waste it!
Father give us wisdom as a nation!
http://www.voddiebaucham.org/vbm/Blog/Entries/2008/8/30_Did_McCain_Make_a_Pro-Family_Pick____.html
also, a dear sweet friend who shares them same beliefs as I on this matter had a challenging blog entry. She says it so much better than I so I thought I would post her entry on this subject as well...
http://www.justhisbest.com/2008/09/rise-to-glory.html
3 comments:
Just so you know... I'm Mrs. Berry's daughter! I've been following your family's blog throughout Lillie's surgery and have been more than blessed by your blog.
Thank you so much for posting this video! I must honestly admit that I have not thought enough about Palin's potential conflict between the vice presidency and her role as a mother.
I must admit that I fall somewhere in-between the two contributors. I am currently the sole supporter of our family (which only includes me and my husband). I myself am and ordained minister and do believe that God calls women to serve in the church in all capacities. Having been called to ministry myself (even though I am in the "accepted" role of Children's minister) I cannot deny another's calling.
However, I myself feel called to be a mother in the not so distant future. My hope is to be at home with my children for most of their early years as my mom was for us. So I'm currently seeking God's wisdom in balancing both the calls that He has placed on my life. I have to simply trust and follow God's lead. I can only hope that Palin will do the same!
thanks so much for your post!
I appreciate you sharing your thoughts.
I agree that I think women are more than capable to do everything a man can do, I just feel that God calls (according to his word) us to different works.
I think its wonderful that you are in children's ministry and are doing what God has called you to.
I agree with you that I pray Sarah Palin listens to what the Lord would have her to do.
I think she seems like a wonderful person and wonderful mother, my heart as just hurt as I have think about the children God has given her at home. And my heart as been burdened over what I have felt it is teaching other young mothers.
again, thanks for sharing your thoughts. I pray God blesses the children's ministry there. I have heard wonderful things about you from your mother (who we ADORE by the way).
you are so sweet to have followed Lillie's progress, thanks for your concern for her!
God Bless!
oh I'm so glad to see that post. I missed that CNN interview and of course love Voddie Baucham. I have to say that in summary when it's all said and done the women I respect as mothers have put in the time and heart to train their children and it shows. Their lives are by no means perfect but they indeed are reaping what they sowed. Please moms, sow and reap what matters!!!
Post a Comment